SOUTH PASADENA, Fla. — A Publix worker at the company's South Pasadena location tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
The employee works at the store located at 1075 Pasadena Ave. S, Publix said in a statement; it is the fourth known individual who has tested positive for the virus in Tampa Bay.
In recent weeks, three other workers fell ill, with the following stores affected:
"... We have been, and will continue to be, keenly focused on intensive, ongoing protective measures in all our stores," Publix said in a statement. "Those efforts are conducted with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local and state health departments. ..."
The company has installed plexiglass barriers at its registers and implemented contactless payment options in an effort to help limit the spread of coronavirus.
- These essential workers could get $25,000 in hazard pay under 'Hero Fund' plan
- Coronavirus projections show worst weeks ahead for Florida
- How to track your coronavirus stimulus check online
- Sheriff: Man, 2 children dead after alleged murder-suicide
- Disney World is furloughing 43,000 more workers due to coronavirus
- How to have a quarantine Easter celebration
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter