TAMPA, Fla — The Tampa Bay Rays have confirmed to 10 Sports that outfielder Austin Meadows is the second player on the team to test positive for the coronavirus.
Meadows follows after pitcher Ryan Glasnow was the first confirmed Tampa Bay athlete to test positive for COVID-19.
Rays Communications tweeted that Meadows will be placed on the injured list for the time being saying, "The Rays have placed OF Austin Meadows on the injured list and selected LH Aaron Loup to the major league roster. "
According to the Rays, Meadows consented to information regarding his positive test result to be released.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
- Ousted Florida COVID-19 dashboard manager files whistleblower complaint
- Hillsborough superintendent presents reopening plans with delayed school year start date
- 156 more Floridians have died from COVID-19 as state reports another 13,965 cases
- Florida's recent record day for COVID-19 might not have been quite that high
- Gov. DeSantis: Florida to cut ties with testing labs providing delayed COVID-19 results
- How to see Comet NEOWISE and the International Space Station
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter