FLORIDA, USA — Coronavirus cases continue to climb in Florida, but what about hospitalizations?
Tracking hospitalizations got easier on July 10 when the Agency for Health Care Administration began publishing a spreadsheet with the number of people currently checked-in for coronavirus-related complications in Florida. The data only includes people whose "primary diagnosis" was COVID-19.
Here's what the AHCA spreadsheet tracks:
- Hospital beds by county
- Hospital beds by hospital
- ICU beds by county
- ICU beds by hospital
- COVID-19 hospitalizations by county
Click here to access the AHCA's data on hospitalizations and ICU beds.
As of 10:35 a.m. July 27, 9,095 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 as their primary diagnosis statewide, and 1,779 of them were in the Tampa Bay area. Those numbers are frequently updated, and you can click here for the most recent data, which is also broken down by county.
Hospitalizations around Tampa Bay and total staffed hospital bed capacity status:
**Data as of 10:50 a.m. on July 27
- 33 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 98 of 295 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 2 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 29 of 55 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 0 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 1 of 25 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 70 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 204 of 730 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 49 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 80 of 260 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 518 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 699 of 3,851 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 127 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 102 of 772 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 117 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 298 of 1,383 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 427 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 516 of 2,906 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 291 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 337 of 1,627 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 148 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 242 of 1,203 total staffed hospital beds are available
Both Pinellas and Hillsborough counties have their own dashboards for tracking coronavirus in their area, including hospitalizations.
Track hospitalizations, ICU beds and ventilator availability in Pinellas County here.
Track hospitalizations, admissions and emergency room visits in Hillsborough County here.
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
- Here's what to know about today's tax deadline
- Florida couple fined $2,000 for violating Canada's quarantine order
- Florida's recent record day for COVID-19 might not have been quite that high
- Shaquille O'Neal stops to help woman after tire blows on I-75 in Florida
- Doctors call on community to slow COVID spread as hospitals see increase in patients
- Florida reports 133 more COVID-19 deaths, adds 9,194 confirmed cases
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter