TAMPA, Fla. — As we head into flu season and continue to stay protected from the coronavirus, there are things we are doing that can actually harm our immunity.
Want to avoid that? Here's what you should stop doing as soon as you can.
Smoking, stressing (both physical and psychological), eating too many processed foods, drinking too much, and not having proper dental care like brushing and flossing.
Doctors say our bodies cannot work if they don't have what they need.
"So think of your body as somewhat temperamental like a race car. If you put bad fuel into it, you don't put the right amount of oil, or too much or too little, it runs too thick and you can clog up the parts," Dr. Rand McClain, Chief Medical Officer of LCR Health said.
You have to have a good diet and exercise to keep your body healthy and boost your immunity.
Below are some additional tips to help keep you healthy:
What other people are reading right now:
- Fact-checking the Trump and Biden town halls
- 2 people refilling ammo airlifted with burns after 'explosion' engulfs garage in flames
- C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully after he admits to lying about Twitter hack
- Can we rely on 'herd immunity' to get rid of COVID-19 in Florida?
- USF to close College of Education, reconfigure it into graduate school amid budget cuts
- Feel like you're getting a ton of political campaign texts? It's not just you. Here's how to stop them
- The tropics are quiet now, but expected to get active for late October
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter