ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Cold and flu season is here, and that means it’s time to get your flu shots.
It’s recommended by the Florida Department of Health that everyone gets vaccinated unless they are allergic to the shot.
Health officials don’t want people to wait because it can take a few weeks for people to build up their immunity.
Australia had a particularly bad flu season this year, which has health leaders in the United States concerned about the possibility of the same issue here. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending anyone six months or older get vaccinated.
Here is a list of places across Tampa Bay where flu shots are available:
- Costco: (No membership necessary)
- CVS (including pharmacies inside Target stores): People can get a $5 Target coupon when they get a no-cost flu shot at participating Target pharmacies.
- Publix: Don't miss out on a $10 Publix gift card when you get your flu shot at any Publix pharmacy.
- Sam’s Club (No membership necessary)
- Winn Dixie: People who get a no-cost flu shot here can get $10 in free produce.
You also find a flu shot location near you by heading to the Florida Department of Health’s website.
While most insurance companies cover the cost of a flu shot, not all providers do.
What other people are reading right now:
- Students make 'Child of God' headbands to support Saints' Demario Davis
- There are 3 disturbances Hurricane Center forecasters are watching
- Man charged in stabbing of two Jacksonville firefighters
- Deputies: Florida woman who burned down historic tree while smoking meth arrested again
- Search on for high-risk sex offender who cut off GPS ankle bracelet after release
FREE 10NEWS APP: