Students at a Pasco County school could have been exposed to Hepatitis A, according to school officials.
School officials said a person at Fivay High School has a confirmed case of Hepatitis A.
Fivay is hosting summer school for about 250 students.
Hepatitis A is a virus that spreads from contaminated food or water or through contact with an infected person. Symptoms may include fatigue, vomiting or nausea -- along with pain or loss of appetite. In extreme cases, the virus can cause a loss of liver function.
If you have any symptoms, you should call your doctor.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Man broke into home to snatch little girl but grandpa wasn’t going to let that happen
- Snake hitchhikes from Florida to Hawaii in man's backpack
- 10-hour wait times reported for new Hagrid roller coaster at Universal Orlando
- 2 dead in crash involving tractor trailer, 3 motorcycles on I-75 near Ocala
- Glass skydeck shatters 103 stories high under guests' feet