ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Phil and Gay Courter left the Princess Diamond cruise ship in Japan and are spending 14 days in quarantine at Lackland Air Force Base.
Even though they're off the ship, they said they're worried that they are at a greater risk of catching coronavirus.
"This woman was being approached in a hazmat suit and asked her name," Gay Courter said. "He said we just got your test from a few days ago from Japan from the government and you're positive and you'll have to go to this special place. Now, at this point, the woman is two feet from me, and I'm hearing that she's positive."
Health officials said more than 600 people on board the Princess Diamond have been diagnosed with the coronavirus.
What other people are reading right now:
- Restaurant closes down after viral video exposes meat thawing outside
- Mother of missing children with arrested after failing to bring them to authorities
- Pigeons with glued-on MAGA hats released in Las Vegas
- George Zimmerman sues Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg over Trayvon Martin tweets
- Hillsborough County decriminalizes small amounts of marijuana
- World-famous baby eaglet killed by rat poison, rescue group says
- 'Felt like a nightmare' | 8-year-old Maryland girl dies after flu complications