BINGHAMTON, N.Y. — A hearing was postponed Wednesday for a 25-year-old Sarasota man accused of crashing a stolen car in New York, then reportedly hiding from troopers for hours.
CBS affiliate WBNG reports John Mehne has an unrelated burglary warrant out of Sarasota, Fla. And, the television station says he didn't have enough time to discuss that with his lawyer. So, the judge postponed Tuesday's hearing.
Mehne is accused of chasing a homeowner with an ax, killing a family dog, burglarizing a home, stealing an ATV and hiding naked in a chicken coop while he was on the run from the troopers, according to law enforcement.
He is charged with possession of stolen property, robbery, burglary and aggravated animal cruelty.
- Teen collapses and dies during conditioning drills on Tampa football field
- All Publix subs will be on sale for $5.99 for a week
- Florida ranked second most fun state in America
- Florida man accused of killing his wife of 50 years
- Blood pressure medication recall expanded due to cancer risk