PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Editor's note: Video is from May 5, 2020.
Sadly, more people have died at a local long-term care facility here in Pinellas County.
10Investigates has confirmed 27 COVID-19- related deaths at Freedom Square of Seminole in Pinellas County.
That number is up from 23 since last Thursday. The facility has reported 49 positive resident cases and currently has 36 positive staff cases and one staff death.
The facility has started to bring residents back to the facility and is offering testing to all employees.
More coronavirus coverage on long-term care facilities:
- RELATED: Florida Health: Pinellas nursing home now has more COVID-19 deaths than any other long-term care facility in the state
- RELATED: Hard-hit Tampa Bay senior care facility reports 23 coronavirus-related deaths
- RELATED: Freedom Square reports 21 coronavirus-related deaths
- RELATED: Nurse who worked at coronavirus-plagued nursing home dies from virus
- RELATED: Gov. DeSantis directs state surgeon general to allow pharmacists to administer COVID-19 tests
- RELATED: 2 more residents die from COVID-19 at nursing home evacuated after outbreak
- RELATED: Seminole nursing home reports new coronavirus test results following evacuation
- RELATED: Commissioners: More than 60 seniors test positive for COVID-19 in Manatee County
- RELATED: Another nursing home in Pinellas County reports coronavirus outbreak with 13 cases
- RELATED: COVID-19 cases continue to climb in Bay Area senior living facilities
- RELATED: Florida names senior care facilities with coronavirus cases
- RELATED: Dozens test positive for coronavirus at nursing home
- RELATED: Florida Health, for the first time, releases data on COVID-19 deaths at long-term care facilities
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's what airlines will now require masks
- A lack of social distancing closes Naples beaches 10 days after reopening
- As salons prepare to reopen, some go above and beyond to be safe
- Here's what Shanghai Disneyland looks like as it reopens
- Barbershops, nail and hair salons will reopen today
- Florida could move into Phase 2 in a few weeks if data supports it
- Unemployed Floridians required to resume making biweekly benefits requests
- Coronavirus in context: Florida COVID-19 cases explained in 5 charts
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter