Breaking News
More () »

Man warns people to check spiral light bulbs after home almost catches fire

Jason Whitaker said a spiral light bulb packed with ladybugs almost caused a fire in his home.
Credit: Jason Whitaker via Facebook

PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. — One Kentucky man is warning people not to use spiral light bulbs after he said his house almost caught fire.

Jason Whitaker said he searched his entire house after he continued to smell a possible electrical fire. He eventually found a spiral light bulb filled with ladybugs that was close to igniting.

Whitaker posted a picture of the bulb on Facebook, warning people to check their spiral light bulbs for similar conditions.

"These light bulbs will burn your house down," Whitaker posted. "It has been in this lamp 4-5 years. It is packed tight with nothing but lady bugs."

The Facebook post has been shared over 100,000 times.

►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the WHAS11 News app now. For Apple or Android users.

Have a news tip? Email assign@whas11.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.

Before You Leave, Check This Out