ORMOND BEACH, Fla. — A 45-year-old motorcyclist was struck by lightning and killed Sunday in Ormond Beach, according to Florida Highway Patrol
The motorcyclist was heading south on Interstate 95 when witnesses said a bolt struck their helmet, FHP.
FHP said the strike caused the helmet to shatter and the driver veered off the road.
FHP tweeted a photo of what was left of the man's helmet after he was struck.
What other people are reading right now:
- New Port Richey man angered at wife's Amazon Alexa shoots deputy: sheriff
- Waterspout spotted near Pasco and Hernando County line
- How this father-son duo ended up crafting a wooden box delivered to the Queen by President Trump
- Jupiter will be so close in June you can use binoculars to see its moons
- Marine poses for the most magical mermaid photo shoot ever
►Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.