The U.S. Coast Guard said crews rescued one man but could not rescue another after a boat capsized Friday about 54 miles west of Tampa.
Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater crews are still trying to find the man who died.
A crew in a MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter hoisted one man from the water and took him to Air Station Clearwater. There was no word on his medical condition as of Friday morning.
A coast guard boat also helped with search and rescue.
The Coast Guard received an emergency signal of the distressed boaters.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly naked Florida man rides bike backward on I-95 in Miami
- Bills would offer driver's licenses to immigrants living in the U.S. illegally
- Ex-officer said she was having sex while child was dying in hot patrol car
- Man raped, murdered and dismembered his girlfriend's daughter
- Earn $1,000 for binge-watching 20 Marvel movies back-to-back
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.