NORTH PORT, Fla. — A 2-year-old boy drowned in a family's backyard swimming pool in North Port.
Investigators say it happened late Monday morning on Beaver Terrace.
An ambulance rushed the boy to the North Port Emergency Room, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators are trying to figure out how it happened.
What other people are reading right now:
- Reynolds Wrap will pay you to travel the country and eat BBQ ribs
- Photo of former Marine and his wife goes viral: 'America just fell in love'
- Woman accused of using a stake to poke at, stomp on a sea turtle nest
- Retired Green Beret and combat-wounded amputee serves up 80,000 hot meals across the US
- President Trump to host '45 Fest' tailgate party before Orlando rally
- Jimmy Buffett fan club members reportedly get sick at Dominican Republic resort
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.