TAMPA, Fla. — An accused armed carjacker is behind bars after allegedly stealing a person's car at gunpoint.
According to Tampa Police, it happened Saturday at Hillsborough Avenue and 34th Street.
But it wasn't over.
Police say the carjacker sped away and later crashed the car on I-275 at Fowler Avenue.
Officers believe the person who was carjacked is alright, but they were unable to say for sure.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- What Florida beaches are open? A county-by-county list
- CDC adds 6 additional COVID-19 symptoms
- Miami went 7 weeks without a murder for the first time since 1957
- How will Florida reopen from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Re-Open Florida Task Force launches feedback portal
- Gov. DeSantis directs state surgeon general to allow pharmacists to administer COVID-19 tests
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter