ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — It started with a comment to another student, police say.
Then, other kids shared the threat on social media.
The St. Petersburg Police Department said the 8th grader at Azalea Middle School planned to 'shoot up the school'.
The 13-year old boy is charged with making a false report of a bomb/firearm to conduct bodily harm, which is a felony.
The department says all school threats are taken very seriously.
RELATED: Stop bringing guns to school!
What other people are reading right now:
- Child airlifted to hospital after being hit by truck in Trinity, Pasco Fire Rescue says
- Woman shoots, kills home invader in Lithia
- 4 things to do with leftover Halloween candy
- Amazon's 'Alexa' may be the sole witness to a Florida murder
- Frozen raspberries, berry mixes recalled for possible Hepatitis A contamination
FREE 10NEWS APP: