BRANDON, Fla. — A man was caught shoplifting Wednesday afternoon at Bass Pro Shops in Brandon, and deputies say they also took an adorable accomplice into custody.
Deputies say a tiny puppy was with Logan Wilson, who was charged with petit theft and possession of methamphetamine. Deputies took care of the puppy, before handing him over to Hillsborough County Animal Services.
According to a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office Facebook post, volunteers there will take care of him until his owner bonds out of jail, but the shelter’s website has the puppy listed as “pre-adoptable.”
Deputies say Wilson, 22, admitted to stealing $259 worth of items from the store. He was arrested during a traffic stop, after he was seen leaving the store, according to the Sheriff's Office. His bond is set at $500.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed on I-95
- President Trump to give impeachment acquittal speech Thursday
- Did Speaker Nancy Pelosi break the law when ripping State of the Union speech?
- VERIFY: Fact-checking President Trump's third State of the Union address
- Florida severe weather outlook: Strong winds, a tornado possible
- Bright meteor caught on doorbell camera plummeting to Earth
- FBI joins search for missing Florida baby after triple murder