WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Winter Haven Fire and Polk County Hazardous Material teams are at Borden Dairy, located at 1000 6th St SW, in Winter Haven, responding to a chemical spill.
Winter Haven Police say the spill happened around 5:40 a.m. Wednesday. When crews arrived, Borden's safety team had isolated the spill and employees were evacuating the building.
Police say one employee had a slight exposure to the spill but refused medical treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The public isn't in danger and there weren't any other evacuations in the surrounding areas.
Police say the chemical is possibly a cleaning solution, but the exact solution isn't known at this time.
Winter Haven Fire officials are still on scene going through the building thoroughly to ensure the leak is completely shut off and there are no other leaks.
This is a developing story; check back for updates.
- Car of missing St. Petersburg woman, daughter seen in Tennessee
- Florida reports incorrect child COVID-19 rates amid debate over reopening schools
- Florida is in the cone of Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine
- Pinellas County school leaders vote to push school year start to Aug. 24
- Did you get a weird seed packet in the mail? Don't open it: Here's what to do
- GOP unveils 'HEALS' Act with another round of $1,200 stimulus checks
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter