TRINITY, Fla. — A 10-year old child was flown to the hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a truck Thursday night in Trinity.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, a 61-year old man from Port Richey was driving northbound on Starkey Boulevard approaching Town Avenue when he hit the child, who was walking in a marked crosswalk.
Investigators said the man failed to yield, and charges are pending.
The child's name was not released.
Stay with 10News for further details on this developing story.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman shoots, kills home invader in Lithia; 2nd man on the run
- Affidavit: Florida man traded child pornography images for gift cards
- Top 3 things to keep your trick-or-treaters safe
- Parents turn daughter's wheelchair into police car for epic Halloween costume
- Judge: Sheriff can't place 'no trick-or-treat' signs at sex offenders' houses
FREE 10NEWS APP: