UPDATE: Citrus Connection will resume regular fixed-route weekday and full paratransit service on Tuesday.
Fixed route transit services are being suspended in Polk County ahead of Hurricane Dorian's anticipated landfall in Florida.
Citrus Connection, which provides bus service, will stop driving its fixed routes at the close of business on Friday. And, there's no word yet on when service will begin again.
"Citrus Connection operators will be dedicated to addressing medical needs of Citrus Connection clients for dialysis appointments and other critical medical treatments," a spokesperson for the organization said.
For more information, call the Regional Mobility Call Center at (863) 534-5500.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Dorian could be powerful Category 4 storm by the time it nears Florida
- Live blog: Hurricane Dorian to become major hurricane over next few days
- Hurricane Headquarters: Track the tropics, find your evacuation zone
- Gov. Ron DeSantis declares state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Dorian
- Where to get sandbags to prepare for Hurricane Dorian
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.