x
Breaking News
More () »

Boat decorated with Christmas lights catches fire in Homosassa

Nobody was injured when the vessel burst into flames.

HOMOSASSA, Fla. -- A faulty power inverter is believed to be responsible for catching a boat on fire in Citrus County Saturday night.

The local union, Citrus County Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 4562, posted photos of the smoke and flames on the MacRae's side of the river in Homosassa.

Two engines responded to the boat fire.

The labor union says the faulty inverter was being used to power Christmas lights on the vessel.

Nobody was hurt, and emergency crews were able to put out the fire.

Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.

Have a news tip? Email tips@wtsp.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.

Paid Advertisement