HOMOSASSA, Fla. — The Citrus County Sheriff's Office says it's currently on the scene of a deputy-involved shooting in Homosassa.
The sheriff's office says all deputies are safe, and the area where the shooting took place is "contained."
According to the sheriff's office, you can expect to see a lot of law enforcement officers in the area of West Cardinal Boulevard and South Finale Point. And, the agency asks you to avoid the area.
It's not yet clear what led up to the shooting or who else was involved.
The sheriff's office says the investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Florida surgeon general orders vaccine providers to ensure recipients live in the state
- Senate could get Trump impeachment articles Friday
- How could some of President Biden's top campaign promises impact Florida?
- 10 facts about Kamala Harris, America's history-making vice president
- Third stimulus check: When could you get $1,400 now that Biden is officially the president?
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter