CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. — A 5-year-old involved in a multi-car crash Monday has died from her injuries, Florida Highway Patrol troopers said.
According to a report, the crash happened around noon Nov. 23 on North Lecanto Highway just north of West Hampshire Boulevard in Citrus County.
According to troopers, the SUV carrying the 5-year-old tried to avoid hitting two other cars that had collided ahead of it on the road. Ultimately, it hit the back of one car and collided with another.
The report says all three people inside the SUV weren't wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. The 5-year-old died Friday. The two adults inside the SUV are still listed in serious condition, troopers say.
The crash is still being investigated.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Deputies: Fire outside Brooksville Walmart forces the store to evacuate minutes after opening on Black Friday
- War on I-4: USF to host UCF in rivalry game
- Sheriff: Man drowns in Palm Harbor natural spring
- How to save the most money shopping online this holiday season
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter