CLEARWATER, Fla — A local woman celebrated her 100th birthday Tuesday.
Lillian Popowicz celebrated her 100th year with a birthday cake and live music surrounded by friends, family and her fellow residents at Aravilla Clearwater Memory Care.
The Chicago native was born July 27, 1921. She is the youngest of five siblings, all of whom except for her brother, have lived into their 90s. One of her sisters missed her 100th birthday by one month.
Popowicz married and had two sons before moving to Florida in 1981. She worked for Motorola on the assembly line and retired from there.
The 100-year-old attributes her long life to eating good food and not sweating the small stuff.
- Officers who defended US Capitol on Jan 6 testify before Congress
- How are Florida's athletes doing at the Tokyo Olympics?
- U.S. gets silver after losing Simone Biles in team final
- CDC reverses course on indoor masks in parts of US where COVID is surging
- Eating fresh fish and seafood during red tide: Is it safe?
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter