BRADENTON, Fla. — Jimmy Buffett sang about “One Particular Harbour” and the days fading away. Now boaters are hoping algae in a Bradenton marina will do the same.
The view is a little less than majestic at the One Particular Harbour Margaritaville.
Some workers at the Freedom Boat Club say the algae blew in two days ago and smelled like a sewer.
They say the problem was also causing some of their boat rentals' engines to clog and overheat.
Some water samples have been sent to Florida Fish and Wildlife in St. Petersburg.
Manatee County officials hope to have the results back on Friday, but it could be next week.
This isn’t the only spot with algae troubles. Kayakers have also experienced some problems with algae at Robinson Preserve which is on the other side of Perico Bayou from this marina.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman uses shovel to kill cobra slithering on her patio
- Man accused of killing Pinky the flamingo hit and killed by a truck
- Police: Man shot baby in the head after child's mom rejected his advances
- Ban on horseback riding in the water could be coming to Tampa Bay
- Dealership gives Bible, gun, American flag to everyone who buys a car
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.