TAMPA, Fla. — Police are investigating a deadly car fire that happened near Tampa International Airport early Tuesday morning.
Tampa police say they arrived at a 1998 blue Toyota Corolla completely engulfed in flames around 2:28 a.m. in the outbound lanes of George J. Bean Parkway. Investigators say the adult man driving the car did not survive the fire.
The car fire temporarily diverted traffic from the airport to I-275 and State Road 60, but lanes were re-opened shortly before 5 a.m., TPA says.
Tampa police are working to determine what led up to the fire.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Deputies: Body found, believed to belong to missing good Samaritan from Apollo Beach
- Bolts-Islanders prepare for Game 2: 'No panic' with Tampa Bay
- Police: Driver tried to run over K-9 before car caught fire and couple broke into the mayor's house
- Atlantic depression strengthens to become Tropical Storm Bill
- Mosquitoes may be a year-long problem thanks to climate change, study says
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter