GREATER CARROLLWOOD, Fla — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office have arrested Orlando Proenza Junior who they say fired multiple paintball shots into another car causing minor injuries to the driver.
According to the sheriff’s office, around 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 15 Proenza Jr. pulled up alongside another car at the intersection of Casey Road and Lowell Road and began shooting inside the car with a paintball gun. Proenza Jr. allegedly fired multiple shots before taking off.
During their investigation, the sheriff’s office identified Proenza Jr. as the shooter and has issued a warrant for his arrest.
"No one driving on our roads in Hillsborough County should be in fear of becoming target practice for some prankster," Sheriff Chad Chronister said. "Shooting at innocent people with a paintball gun is not funny, and someone could have been seriously injured. To anyone who would consider committing a similar act, be on notice, we're not going to tolerate this."
Proenza, Jr. is charged with throwing a deadly missile and battery.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man who filmed himself raping 5-year-old girl may never be released from prison
- Facebook post encourages blue Halloween buckets to raise autism awareness
- Former Miss Florida USA, 'Tarzan' actor's wife, killed in California home
- Pasco County deputies investigating carjacking, shooting at McDonald's
- Man charged for holding Dutch family in isolation on Netherlands farm for 9 years
FREE 10NEWS APP: