SARASOTA, Fla. — A driver who crashed into a building early Tuesday morning has died from his injuries, according to the Sarasota Police Department.
The crash took place just after 3:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of 6th Street in Sarasota.
Investigators said people were inside the building when the car came crashing in.
No one inside was injured, according to officers, but the driver died at the scene.
His name is being withheld pending notification of family.
- MacDill Air Force Base declares emergency with 3 coronavirus cases
- Hillsborough County will consider curfew after rejecting stay-at-home order
- Florida stay-at-home order 'not advisable,' DeSantis says, issuing travel mandate
- Florida State Parks closed beginning March 23 to follow CDC guidelines
- "Hands...washing hands.." Neil Diamond posts coronavirus-themed version of 'Sweet Caroline'
- This interactive map shows coronavirus cases in Florida
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: