NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A body has been found in a canal in New Port Richey.
Dispatchers received a 911 call just before 11 a.m.
When Pasco County deputies arrived, they found what appears to be the remains of an elderly man floating in a canal by a gated community on Elizabethan Lane not far from Sea Forest Drive.
The man's identity was not immediately clear. And, authorities have not yet said how they believe he ended up there.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- MMA fighter fights off man allegedly caught masturbating near her swimsuit photoshoot
- VIDEO: Dollar General worker dragged 20 feet by shoplifters' car, police say
- Florida dad chases down and shoots man who stole car with young son inside, deputies say
- Woman accused of throwing 7 newborn puppies into a dumpster
- This robot could make pesticides obsolete
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.