GIBSONTON, Fla. — Firefighters battled a three-alarm mobile home fire off U.S. Highway 41 South near Adams Street in Gibsonton.
About 5 p.m. Friday, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue responded to a 2-alarm fire at the scene. Crews found two mobile homes engulfed in flames.
They were surrounded by overgrown brush and piles of salvage-type materials as well as other mobile homes, cars, vans, boats, mowers, scrap metals, wooden pallets and used construction materials.
Because of the threat of the fire spreading, extra crews were called in. The fire was under control in about half an hour.
No injuries were reported.
The smoke was seen from as far away as I-75.
It was not immediately clear how the fire started.
What other people are reading right now:
- 10 charged in human trafficking bust out of Hernando County
- Amazon plans to open a cargo hub at Lakeland's airport, could bring 1,000 new jobs
- He was murdered and his wife shot. The killers were just convicted in his death.
- He was targeted for human trafficking through his mom. Now, he shares his story to help others.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit