TAMPA, Fla. — The Florida Aquarium and Coppertail Brewing Co. continue their collaboration on marine-themed beers to help save local sea life.
The next brew on their list is the Sand Tiger Stout, a smooth nitro stout crafted to help save endangered sand tiger sharks. Previous brews include the Sea Turtle Sour and Coral Haze to raise funds and awareness for sea turtles and coral reefs, respectively.
"We are proud to be partnering with Coppertail Brewing Co. for a third craft beer to bring awareness of the importance of sand tiger sharks in our blue planet," Aquarium president and CEO Roger Germann said.
The Sand Tiger Stout is a limited release brew and will be available on draft at Coppertail beginning Friday. The beer will also be available at the Aquarium's Fins Cantina beginning Saturday.
Coppertail is donating $1 from every pint sold to help fund the Aquarium's conservation mission.
Coppertail will have a launch party at 3:30-7 p.m. Friday with animal encounters and appearances by Aquarium and brewery leaders.
Sand tiger sharks are native to Florida and are light brown with irregular dark spots on their bodies. They can grow up to 10 feet long and inhabit coastal waters near bays and coral reef areas.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Kids drown after being left in locked car while mom ran into a store
- Florida woman accused of killing 11-year-old to keep her from having sex
- Florida man accused of 'intentionally' pressure washing his neighbor
- VIDEO: Horse seen in bed of a pick-up truck traveling on the highway
- Man nearly swallowed by whale lives to tell the tale
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.