ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- SunPass customers running close to empty on their account might want to fill up right now.
The toll-paying service is scheduled to undergo maintenance for the next several days, starting 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 5.
People who set up their accounts to reload automatically could see their credit card charged several times if the replenishment amount does not cover the total amount of tolls, according to the SunPass website (PDF link).
Sunpass.com will go offline once maintenance starts, and new customers won't be able to activate transponders. Officials plan for everything to be up and running early next week, around 9 a.m. Monday.
Here is the complete list of services that will not be available during the six-day period:
• Call Center (Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system)
• SunPass Website and Mobile Application
• TOLL-BY-PLATE Website
• Walk-in Centers
• All SunPass Plus Parking (except at Orlando International Airport)
• Transponder Purchases on the Web, through the Call Center, Mobile App and Select Retailers
• Transponder Activations
• Activation Kiosks
• Account Updates/Changes
• Account Replenishments/Cash Payment and Reload
• Invoice and Uniform Traffic Citation Payments
• Registration Stop Payment/Release
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.