The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is searching for nuisance alligator trappers in Pinellas County.
FWC's Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program is currently accepting online applications for contracted trappers. The program removes gators believed to pose threats to people, pets or property. When someone calls the toll-free nuisance alligator hotline, the state dispatches one of the contracted trappers to deal with the situation.
If you apply, you'll have to pass a criminal background check and have a working email address. You also can't have any previous fish or wildlife-related legal trouble.
Applications have to be received by May 29, 2019.
Click here to learn more about the open contract trapping jobs or to apply for the role. If you have a nuisance alligator in your area, call the FWC hotline at 866-392-4286.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman gets 15 years for posing as sheriff, releasing boyfriend from jail
- Russian hackers accessed 2 Florida voting databases, DeSantis says
- 'Carol Burnett Show' star Tim Conway dead at 85
- E.coli outbreak linked to ground beef: 196 sickened in 10 states
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.