SPRING HILL, Fla. — A portion of a road in Spring Hill is temporarily closed while crews repair a sinkhole.
The Hernando County Department of Public Works announced a temporary lane closure going northbound on Deltona Boulevard near Bay Drive as well as the turning lane onto Bay Drive until further notice.
DPW staff have isolated the area and filled in the sink hole.
Crews will make permanent repairs once it is determined that the sinkhole is stable.
It is anticipated that the permanent repair work will begin early next week.
Sinkhole closes Spring Hill road
- DeSantis: Remdesivir heading to Florida hospitals to help fight COVID-19
- Three close friends 'massacred' during a fishing trip in Polk County
- Strong winds down tree, damage roofs in Seminole
- Got coins? This bank will give you cash for spare change
- Florida passes 350,000 COVID-19 cases with 12,478 reported July 18
- A final farewell: 90-year-old Lakeland man wears PPE, risks coronavirus to say goodbye to wife with dementia
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter