SPRING HILL, Fla. — A Challenger K-8 student admitted to sheriff’s deputies he lied about being approached by a stranger on his way to school, Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis said.
Deputies spent part of Thursday morning canvasing the Sterling Hills neighborhood in Spring Hill, looking for the person after the student reported it.
Nienhuis said what likely happened is the student may have gotten into an altercation with another student.
The state attorney’s office will decide whether to press charges.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teacher accused of having sex with student found dead along with her husband
- Mom whose toddler was run over by an SUV lost another child in a 2015 crash, deputies say
- Polk County food bank damaged by tornado reopens
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
- Kayaker captures video of monkeys belly-flopping into Florida river
FREE 10NEWS APP: