Hernando County Fire Rescue units extinguished a fire that broke out in a bathroom Monday at Explorer K-8 on Northcliffe Boulevard in Spring Hill.

No students were hurt, but a school resource officer and a faculty member were treated for minor smoke inhalation.

Everyone was evacuated from the building.

Emergency crews worked late into the morning to ventilate heavy smoke from the hallway.

The fire happened the same day a fire broke out on the campus of Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg. There were no injuries in that fire, according to St. Pete Fire Rescue.

Related: Fire put out at Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg, no injuries

Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.

Have a news tip? Email desk@wtsp.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.