SEBRING, Fla — Shane Jacob Ozzy Shears, a convicted felon who was out on bond, is back in jail after deputies say he robbed someone at a Circle K in Sebring.
The Highland County Sheriff's Office responded to the robbery near the convenience store on Hammock Road just after 3:30 a.m. After speaking with the victim, they were able to track the crime scene and found Shears at a home on Jacklin Avenue.
Records show Shears was out on bond for an April arrest for felony battery, felony domestic battery, aggravated battery, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The sheriff's office adds that Shears was accompanied by another man during the robbery, who has not yet been arrested for his involvement.
Anyone who has information about this case is asked to contact Det. Du'Wayne Kelly at 863-402-7250 or email email@example.com. Anonymous tips can be left via the HCSO smartphone app or with Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS or www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com. Crime Stoppers tips could be eligible for a cash reward.
- Hillsborough County Schools to have emergency meeting after Florida's largest teacher's union dealt victory in reopening case
- 14-year-old girl dies after tree falls on home during Hurricane Laura
- Man serving life for murder cleared after 37 years thanks to DNA
- Trump lashes Biden, defies pandemic on White House stage
- Rays boycott Thursday night game in the name of racial justice
- 'We're exhausted': The pain transcends borders, that's why protesters keep fighting for change
- Archaeologists search for more graves at old Pinellas County school
- Lightning, Bruins Game 4 postponed in support of social justice
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter