SEBRING, Fla. — Five people were fatally shot Wednesday at a SunTrust bank in Sebring, Florida.
Millions of people have never heard of the small city. So, here's a primer.
Nicknamed the "City on the Circle," Sebring is located in Highlands County. It's roughly 100 miles southeast of Tampa.
The city was founded by George Sebring, a pottery-maker from Ohio, in 1912.
In 2017, the population was roughly 10,700 people.
The city is home to the Sebring International Raceway, which is the oldest road racing track in the United States. It was built on the site of Hendricks Field -- a World War II air base used to train B-17 crews.
Previous: Who is the accused Sebring shooter?
What others are reading right now:
- Nurse arrested for sexual assault of incapacitated woman who gave birth
- Mask discovered off Florida beach may be part of $4 billion treasure
- More blood pressure medications recalled for cancer-causing impurity
- Government shutdown is compromising FBI counter-terrorism operations
- Couple claims Wag! app tried to cover up dog's death
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.