THONOTOSASSA, Fla. — Two drivers were killed when their cars crashed nearly head-on overnight in Hillsborough County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened just before 4 a.m. Saturday on U.S. 301 near St. Francis Lane.
Troopers say a 29-year-old Dade City man was heading north on U.S. 301 when his truck crossed the centerline and into the path of an SUV.
The truck rotated around and was heavily damaged, while the SUV overturned off a bridge and into a ditch, FHP said. Its driver, a 61-year-old man, has not yet been identified.
Both men died at the scene of the crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- You're vaccinated? Here's why you should still wear a mask
- League of Women Voters, Black Voters Matter sues all 67 counties over new election restrictions
- Gov. Ron DeSantis signs voting restrictions bill into law
- Study estimates there have been twice as many COVID deaths as reported
- Relief on the way for Florida’s hardest-hit restaurants
- Your ultimate Mother's Day gift guide
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter