TAMPA, Fla. — A driver and passenger were killed when a Jeep crashed in their car Tuesday afternoon on W. Boy Scout Boulevard, police said.
The westbound lanes remain closed between West Shore Boulevard and Lois Avenue and will be into the early evening hours, according to a Tampa Police Department update.
The two, who have not yet been identified, were heading north on Manhattan Avenue when a Jeep crashed into them on westbound Boy Scout Boulevard, police said.
Rescuers transported the Jeep's driver to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
What other people are reading right now:
- Deputies: Body found, believed to belong to missing good Samaritan from Apollo Beach
- Bolts-Islanders prepare for Game 2: 'No panic' with Tampa Bay
- Police: Driver tried to run over K-9 before car caught fire and couple broke into the mayor's house
- Gov. DeSantis signs bill requiring moments of silence at school into law
- Mosquitoes may be a year-long problem thanks to climate change, study says
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter