TAMPA, Fla. — A 27-year-old man on Causeway Boulevard was hit and killed early Sunday by an oncoming SUV.
It happened around 6:19 a.m. Sunday near 82nd Street S., according to a Florida Highway Patrol news release.
Troopers say the SUV, driven by a 78-year-old Wimauma man, came across the 27-year-old who had been sitting or lying down in the road. The SUV crashed into the pedestrian, killing him.
The FHP did not release additional detail about the 27-year-old's identity other than he was from Brandon.
What other people are reading right now:
- You're vaccinated? Here's why you should still wear a mask
- 2 people killed in near head-on crash in Hillsborough County
- Deputies: Pasco teacher threw 8-year-old student across classroom
- Study estimates there have been twice as many COVID deaths as reported
- Relief on the way for Florida’s hardest-hit restaurants
- China says most rocket debris burned up during reentry
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter