TOWN 'N' COUNTRY, Fla. — Update: The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says two children who were taken by their biological father are in safe custody.
Deputies said their father Tawfik Dimion Hart, 34, is still at large.
Previous: A dad is wanted for breaking into a home and running off with his biological daughter, deputies said.
Tawfik Dimion Hart, 34, broke into the house on Jackson Springs Road where 9-year-old Janessa had been staying, grabbed her and left, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Hart also has his 10-month-old son, Tawfik Jr., with him.
It's believed the children are not in any danger and there is no court ordered restrictions involving the children against Hart.
The sheriff's office said Hart might be traveling to Tifton County, Georgia, in a white Cadillac Deville with a red roof. It has a Georgia tag RMV7486.
Hart faces charges of interference with child custody and burglary with battery for shoving someone out of the way while trying to leave the home, deputies said.
Anyone with information about Hart's location is asked to call 911 or the sheriff's office at 813-247-8200.
What other people are reading right now:
- 75-year-old woman released from jail after contempt of court charge
- FHP: Florida man driving Cadillac from sunroof says he'd rather go to jail than back to his wife
- Gov. DeSantis vetoes bill that would have put an end to straw bans
- Florida woman accused of stashing 7 syringes in her crotch
- The 24 best Mother's Day deals and freebies for 2019
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.