TAMPA, Fla. — An ex-deckhand on the TV show "Deadliest Catch" was arrested on several drug charges, including possession of heroin, earlier this month.
Jerod Sechrist, 33, was taken into custody Oct. 5 by Tampa police and charged with felony possession of heroin and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, jail records show.
TMZ first reported details of Sechrist's arrest earlier on Tuesday.
Sechrist was taken into custody on a warrant for a prior reckless driving incident, according to an affidavit. Upon being searched, police say a small baggy containing a white powder was found in his pocket, and it was determined to be heroin.
IMDB shows Sechrist appeared in three episodes of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" in 2016 as a deckhand on Cape Caution.
What other people are reading right now:
- Jennifer Kesse vanished without a trace nearly 14 years ago. Her parents search for her every day.
- 10 years since 'Balloon Boy': Falcon Heene and family now live in Spring Hill
- Sheriff: 'Spree killer' arrested in Polk County
- Toddler dies after being left in her family's Jeep all day, police say
- 'Let me out!': Man gives family one last laugh at his own funeral
FREE 10NEWS APP: