TAMPA, Fla. — A man was pronounced dead near an intersection in Tampa early Friday morning.
Now, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said it's investigating a possible hit-and-run.
Deputies said the man, in his 20s, was found unresponsive around 1:26 a.m. near the intersection of Wilsky Boulevard and Drycreek Drive. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy showed his death was the result of blunt force trauma to the upper body, the sheriff's office said.
"Just hours after the Thanksgiving holiday, this man suffered a very tragic death, and right now, there is very little information about what happened to him," Sheriff Chad Chronister said. "Our team of detectives is seeking the public's assistance to help solve this case. I am urging anyone who may have been passing through the area to please contact us."
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at 813-247-8200.
- Deputies: Fire outside Brooksville Walmart forces the store to evacuate minutes after opening on Black Friday
- War on I-4: USF to host UCF in rivalry game
- Sheriff: Man drowns in Palm Harbor natural spring
- How to save the most money shopping online this holiday season
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter