PLANT CITY, Fla. — Hillsborough County deputies are investigating a murder-suicide in Plant City.
Law enforcement said they responded to the Magnolia Hill 55+ community around 3 p.m. Friday after getting a vague 911 call.
"The call lasted only a few seconds," Maj. Frank Losat of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said. "He gave the address and said there was a shooting at this residence, and then the call was disconnected."
When authorities arrived on the scene they said they found that male caller and woman dead inside.
"At some point, the couple that we believe are in this trailer were married," Losat explained.
Neighbors said for the couple of years the woman lived here, she lived alone. They say she'd recently gotten a divorce.
"Got her first alimony check a week ago or two weeks ago, and then this happens," neighbor Dave Teeter said.
Hillsborough County deputies have not released the names of the people involved in this suspected murder-suicide.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10News for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of impregnating teen after she asked him to
- Child dies after being struck by vehicle in Walmart parking lot
- Man wanted for murder after woman's body found behind dumpster
- 34 years later, police make arrest in cold case murder of Navy recruit
- ►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.