LAKE MAGDALENE, Fla. — Hillsborough County traffic homicide detectives are working to identify a person found dead inside a submerged vehicle.
The sheriff's office said a vehicle has been pulled from a body of water off of Prince Street and Florida Avenue in Lake Magdalene.
Deputies believe the vehicle went into the water sometime overnight after driving through a fence.
The dive team found a deceased man inside the submerged vehicle, but deputies have not released an age or description of the man.
Detectives are working to find out if the incident is suspicious in nature or accidental.
Detectives say this is an ongoing investigation.
Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of impregnating teen after she asked him to
- Child dies after being struck by vehicle in Walmart parking lot
- Man wanted for murder after woman's body found behind dumpster
- 34 years later, police make arrest in cold case murder of Navy recruit
- ►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.