PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — You can call it an egg-stravagant donation!
Metropolitan Ministries and Feeding Tampa Bay have half of a million eggs to give out.
Florida Senator Wilton Simpson is a Pasco County farmer. He wanted to help these non-profits as they see so many families struggling during this pandemic.
A tractor-trailer from Cal-Maine Foods packed full delivered the first half of the donation to help across 10 counties.
Eight pallets of eggs are going immediately to Metro Ministries' Emergency Food Box Drive Through.
Feeding Tampa Bay is putting the rest in cold storage and will distribute at their mega food pantry locations throughout the week.
What other people are reading right now:
- Body of missing 5-year-old found in Highlands County lake
- Universal Orlando cancels Holloween Horror Nights
- Opening Day tweet from the Rays calls for the arrests of Breonna Taylor's killers
- Longtime Rep. Buchanan staffer dies from COVID-19
- Florida passes 400,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Hillsborough County Schools reopening delayed by 2 weeks to Aug. 24
- Trump cancels Jacksonville segment of Republican National Convention
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter