HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a driver they say sideswiped a Road Ranger truck before taking off.
Troopers say the Road Ranger was driving north on SR-93 along the outside shoulder when it stopped to assist a disabled car.
A 2014 Mazda 6 was also driving north on SR-93 in the outside lane when troopers say it partially traveled into the shoulder and sideswiped the Road Ranger's truck. The Mazda then continued down a grass embankment and collided with a concrete barrier, according to a press release.
After the crash, the driver of the Mazda is reported to have gotten out of their car and into a gray Nissan Versa before taking off from the scene.
Troopers described the driver as a white or Hispanic woman with blonde hair.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the FHP at 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-8477.
- Ronnie Oneal III sentenced to 3 life terms, plus 90 years for the murder of girlfriend, 9-year-old daughter
- Several athletes with Florida ties are heading to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Florida accounts for one in five new COVID cases, White House says
- 'We’re not locking people down': Gov. DeSantis says Florida will stay open despite rising COVID-19 cases
- Florida was the #1 place people moved to in 2020, study says
- Red tide is killing sea life: Where do all the dead fish go?
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter