RUSKIN, Fla. — A furniture store that doubled as a storage building caught fire Tuesday afternoon in Ruskin, causing heavy smoke and flames through the roof.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue said the two-alarm fire started around 4:15 p.m. at Wild Bill's Appliance & Furniture at 109 South U.S. Hwy 41 -- near a fleet of U-Haul trucks.
Fire rescue battled the fire from the ground and air for around 90 minutes. One patient was treated on scene, fire rescue says, before they were sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Fire rescue says the building is a loss and was owned by the same property owners as the U-haul rental business next door.
U.S. 41 has been shut down in both directions. The cause of the fire has not yet been determined as authorities continue to investigate.
What other people are reading right now:
- Sheriff: 137 pounds of meth, 5 kilos of heroin seized in Polk County drug bust
- Police: Child playing with Nerf gun shot by drunk man with real gun
- 'Nice try you creep': Skeptical woman gets selfie from officer to prove his identity
- Pasco Co. man accused of attacking woman with hatchet and hammer in meth-fueled rage
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- 12 Christmas light displays to see around Tampa Bay this holiday season
FREE 10NEWS APP: