TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Police say four teenagers were hit by a car Monday at a bus stop.
Officers and paramedics responded to the scene at Florida Avenue and Ida Street in Tampa, and the four teens were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police say a driver tried to turn left in front of a pickup truck, causing the pickup driver to swerve.
According to a news release, that impact caused the pickup truck to slam into a van going in the same direction, and the van swerved onto the sidewalk near the HART bus stop.
The teens who were hit attend Seminole Charter School. They're 18 and 19 years old.
Police say the driver who caused the chain-reaction crash was cited for careless driving. They don't expect to press criminal charges.
RELATED: Man killed in fiery Highway 27 crash
What other people are reading right now:
- Security guard shoots, kills man at Tampa nightclub
- 10 shot, 4 killed at backyard party in Fresno, Calif.
- Man falls to his death on Carnival cruise ship
- Polk County firefighters working to put out large fire at a Lakeland recycling facility
- Dog using porch to stay warm picked up by police
FREE 10NEWS APP: