HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Hillsborough County Fire Rescue is responding to a hazmat situation involving radiation.
Firefighters say the incident is affecting 78th Street from Eagle Palm Drive to Riverview Drive. Authorities say 78th Street is shut down in both directions.
It since has reopened to traffic.
Firefighters say it involves an SUV that was dropped off at a junkyard and gave off indications of radiation. The area was evacuated as a precaution.
Authorities are in the process of trying to find the person who dropped off the SUV, and they want to check the driver's radiation levels.
There have been no reports of people being sick or injured.
What other people are reading right now:
- WINNING: Rays beat Astros in Game 3 of ALDS series
- Woman yells racial slur at teen for dropping gum wrapper in St. Petersburg
- FBI: Inmate is most prolific serial killer in US history
- Florida man accused of strangling, drowning mother's children
- Attorneys for woman accused of killing her young son say she has a lifetime worth of DCF records
FREE 10NEWS APP: